- 300g self-raising flour / can use buckwheat/almond flour
- 100g of rolled oat
- 1tsp of nutmeg
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar (or a sugar of your choice)
- 2 medium eggs (or flaxseed with water for a vegan alternative)
- 300ml milk ( almond milk, oat milk)
- Rapeseed oil as needed for frying
To serve ingredients:
- 1 tbsp of agave or maple syrup
- Chopped strawberries
- Chopped blueberries
- Granola – Happy Pear is great if you do not make your own
- Alpro Yoghurt of your choice
- STEP 1
To make the pancakes, firstly weigh out the ingredients ( I find pancakes a fun way to get the children involved too).
- STEP 2
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and combine. Then Crack in the eggs , add vanilla and nutmeg and whisk until smooth. Add the milk as whisking
- STEP 3
Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Add spoonfuls of batter to make pancakes the size you like, we made 20cm pancakes for a serving size of one per person, or if you are very hungry, two per person. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side. Eat straight away or keep warm in a low oven while you cook.
You can choose to add chopped in to some of the pancakes as cooking, which allows them to caramelise and almost make a jam. MMM yummy.
- STEP 4
Serve pancakes with or blueberries, strawberries and drizzled with the agave syrup and a dollop of yoghurt for a filling breakfast or brunch meal!