1. 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups of fresh milk - can be semi skimmed milk whole milk, almond milk, cashew milk
- 3 teaspoons milled flaxseeds
- 1 egg (or leave out)
- 1 teaspoon on vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
Flaxseeds are full of antioxidants which help to fight free radicals which effect the skin and the general immune system. These pancakes are filling and balanced you will taste the sweetness without even adding sugar.
Put all of the dry ingredients (everything except for the milk) in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
Mix the milk into the dry ingredients. The batter will be a bit thick, not runny.
Scoop the batter onto a pan or griddle set a medium heat. You will need to spread the batter out with a spoon to shape and thin out the pancakes.
Flip the pancakes after about 2-3 minutes and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
Serve while warm and enjoy with toppings of your choice. We like blueberries My favorite is almond butter, kefir and blueberries, but you could also add dairy free chocolate chips or even just simply some agave, local honey, Nutella. Go wild